Caramel Apple Cheesecake
1 9" Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1/4 Cup Caramel Topping
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
lemon juice to taste
1 can of apple pie filling
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend well until smooth.
- *NOTE* You can leave out the lemon juice if you like...if not then ->Add the lemon juice to the mixture. (You will want to taste the mixture often as you don't want to overpower it with lemon flavor)
- Once you have the flavor you like set this aside and open your can of apple pie filling.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the apples into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
Set the rest of the can in the fridge to chill while the cake bakes.
- Go back to the cream cheese mixture and add your eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour your mixture in the graham cracker crust and smooth out.
- Place in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until firmly set in the center.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, take your apples and the caramel topping and place in a microwave safe container. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds or until you are able to mix the two together. Spread evenly over the top.
- Take your crushed walnuts/pecans and sprinkle on top of the cheesecake and around the edges for decoration.
- Place in the fridge to chill completely and serve!
* The nuts are completely optional just in case you have an allergy or you don't like the flavor.
* Keep a close eye on this as it cooks. No one likes burnt cheesecake.
* 1/3 Less Fat Neufchatel Cheese, the low fat "cream cheese" just is not going to cut it here. I didn't like the consistency or the flavor it produced. Besides, this is dessert...let go of the calories for this one. ;)