3-4 baking potatoes, cut into long spears or into cubes (you can add more or less depending on the size of your family)
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of rosemary
1/3 cup of olive oil (this depends on your liking)
1-2 fresh garlic cloves minced or 1/2 tsp of jarred minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine your potatoes, salt and pepper, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil in a large bowl. Toss until all potatoes are evenly coated with olive oil and rosemary.
- Place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet and spread evenly. The potatoes should have room to cook without over lapping.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Rotate and turn your potatoes so that they can cook evenly.
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes dependent on how you like your potatoes and how brown you want them to be. The longer the cook, the browner and crispier.
- Once done, remove from oven and toss with a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Certain kinds of potatoes take forever and a day to cook. If you want to cut the cooking time, you can preboil the potaotes for 5-8 minutes to speed the process.
- Experiment with your herbs. You can easily use any herb or blend you like.
- Check your potatoes with a fork or knife to check for doneness.